Let me paint a very real picture for you. You are driving down the road on your way to work, you work in construction. You are working on the 101 widening project in Sonoma and Marin Counties and you are the person in charge of keeping up on the dreaded straw wattles. Those heavy, soaked, disgusting, smelly “worm like” things that are suppose to help prevent erosion on the job. The last thing you want to do is go out in the field and pull up those wattles just to put down brand new ones and have to do it all over again after one or two rain storms. What if I told you you didn’t have to?
US HydroTech Environmental Solutions has exciting technology in the field of erosion storm drain protection with the use of ERTEC perimeter sediment control products. Our system provides quicker install time, longer life of product, re-usability, is Cal-Trans approved and lets water flow through and take it’s natural course as opposed to using those traditional heavy disgusting straw wattles.
A quick look at some of the incredible benefits to working with Ertec:
- Installation Speed: Typically more than twice as fast.
- Maintenance: There is almost no maintenance over the course of a long project, except to remove accumulated sedment. ERTEC products do not slump or decay and rarely washout.
- Removal Speed: Typically more than four times as fast
- Total Costs on your project: Significantly lower. And since the material is reusable, you save even more on the next project.
- Long Term Stability: There is almost no decay, wind driven knock-overs, or trench washouts over the course of a long project. This leads to better long term performance.
- Easy to Get it Right: Because it is easier to install ERTEC products, failures are less likely, leading to better long-term sediment control performance.
- Water flows thru and spreads out: Traditional BMPs work by “ponding” water, creating a barrier to flow. Pressure from ponding water can cause washouts and over-topping. ERTEC filters while allowing flow-through, minimize these affects.
- Test Results: Independent lab tests show outstanding sediment control performance for a passive device over multiple consecutive storms.
These products decrease the load on landfills. Better than ZERO Waste because they are:
- Recycled: Made from Recycled Materials
- Reusable: Reusable on multiple projects. 3, 4, 5, 6 uses are common.
- Recyclable: Because they are made of HDPE (#2), they can be recycled at the end of life.